Most sellers want their condo to sell fast and for top dollar. In order for this to happen we need to carefully plan and prepare the unit for potential buyers, here are some great tips.
Dissasosiate yourself with the condo
- Say to yourself, “This is not my now home; it is a condo– a product to be sold much like a box of cookies on the grocery store shelf.
- Let go of emotions and prepare that soon the condo will not be yours.
- Say good bye to every room
- Don’t look backwards look towards the future
- Put away those personal photos, the buyer needs to imagine themselves living in the unit. Its best to also put away any cultural artifacts.
- Start putting away unnecessary items as soon as you decide to sell it is a time consuming process.
- Remove all books from bookcases
- Clean off everything on kitchen counters
Rearrange Bedroom Closets and Kitchen Cabinets
- Buyers love to snoop and nothing will impress them more as organized drawers, they will see it as an organized home.
Remove/Replace Favorite Items
- If you want to take window coverings, built-in appliances or fixtures with you, remove them now.
Make Minor Repairs
- Replace cracked floor or counter tiles.
- Patch holes in walls.
- Fix leaky faucets.
- Fix doors that don’t close properly and kitchen drawers that jam.
- Consider painting your walls neutral colors
- Replace burned-out light bulbs
Make the Condo Sparkle
- Wash windows inside and out.
A professional Real Estate Agent can guide you through this process